Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Monitor critical animal areas in the facility (i.e. Dolphin Bay and Stingray Lagoon) to ensure safety of animals and guests.
- Inform and warn violators of rule infractions.
- Remain alert for the presence of unauthorized persons; may confront as required.
- Check facility at the end of the night for any property damage and to make sure all guests have exited the facility.
- Detect and report issues to appropriate personnel.
- Work all areas of the Texas State Aquarium including outside areas up to and including front lawns, parking areas, and observation deck.
- Responsible for stopping any alcohol from entering or leaving the building.
- Monitor exhibits as directed to ensure animal and guest safety.
- Greet guests and provide direction to guests upon entering the premises as needed.
- Anticipates potential problems and reacts to disturbances and prohibited conduct.
- Respond to emergency situations as needed.
A high school education or a general education degree (GED) is required or one to three months related experience or training. An equivalent combination of education or experience may also meet the required qualifications.
Please apply online at https://www.texasstateaquarium.org/careers/
Any applications submitted through the CC Chamber of Commerce, email, mail, or fax will not be reviewed.